MT-Propeller has received EASA STC 10043106 R1 for the four-blade natural composite MTV-14-D-C-F/CF188-30() propeller on the Cessna 414A series with or without RAM IV and VII powered by the TSIO-520-N or -NB or TSIO-520-NB engines modified per FAA STCs SE4327SW, SE09104SC or SE091261SC.
The FAA STC is in progress.
MT-Propeller vice president Martin Albrecht says the installation has the following advantages:
- Bonded on stainless steel edges for best erosion protection of the blades
- Shorter take off distance of approximately six per cent (SL, ISA conditions)
- Enhanced climb by up to five to eight per cent (SL, ISA conditions)
- Cruise performance increased by approximately three to five kts (MTOW, ISA conditions depending on altitude and power setting
- Approximately 20lbs less weight than the original propellers
The long time proven MT-Propeller natural composite blades provide significant inside and outside noise reduction. They have no life limitation and are repairable in case of a FOD.
They also provide best vibration damping characteristics for almost vibration free propeller operation.