Genesys Aerosystems has completed certification of its avionics suite cockpit upgrade for the Hindustan-228 aircraft. Operators will benefit from improvements in mission capabilities and reliability, while the cockpit upgrade also provides for improved long-term product support for the fleet.
The 19-seat HAL Hindustan-228 aircraft is a versatile multi-purpose light transport aircraft. It has been developed specifically to meet the requirements of utility and commuter transport, third level services, air-taxi operations, plus coast guard and maritime surveillance missions.
The Genesys avionics suite provides renewed operational life to aircraft through a complete, comprehensive and affordable cockpit system upgrade to existing fixed-wing and helicopter aircraft. The Genesys avionics suite includes the following system components:
- EFIS glass upgrade: customisable primary and multi-function flight displays
- FMS flight management system
- SVS synthetic vision system
- HITS highway-in-the-sky flight symbology
- TAWS for fixed-wing and helicopter aircraft
- EICAS upgrade
- Autopilot upgrade for helicopter VFR and IFR approved autopilots
- Autopilot upgrade for fixed-wing S-TEC VFR and IFR approved autopilots
- Radios: UHF and VHF navigation and communication aircraft radios
- ADAHRS only upgrade: Legacy attitude source replacements
- Interfaces: includes all necessary interfaces to get the aircraft up and flying
- Sensors: includes all necessary sensors to get the aircraft up and flying.