The NBAA has gathered pre-eminent experts in personal development and management strategies for its 2023 Leadership Conference to help business aviation leaders of today and tomorrow manage excellence in an increasingly pressure-filled environment and maintain a healthy and achievable work-life balance.
The conference will be held 27 February to 1 March at The Westin Charlotte in Charlotte, North Carolina.
NBAA's Leadership Conference is distinguished by its focus on professional development, expert-led sessions and unmatched networking opportunities. The 2023 iteration will build on previous successes with the theme of 'Dynamic Excellence', with sessions on daily growth, body language, creating confidence, boosting overall morale and maintaining personal excellence providing attendees the insights and skills to develop as a leader.
“The NBAA Leadership Conference is an important asset for our community, as it provides emerging and veteran leaders an opportunity to benchmark their management skills and gain recurrent training that isn't specifically tied to aviation,” says NBAA senior vice president education, training and workforce development Jo Damato, CAM.
“Our Business Aviation Management Committee volunteers and Leadership Conference co-chairs, Dave Salvador of Gogo Business Aviation and Brad Self, CAM, with VF Corp, organised an amazing event last year that helped attendees emerge from the isolation of the pandemic,” she adds. “We're going to build on that successful event with an even stronger conference this year.”
Attendees will have access to two networking receptions as well as inspiring and motivating sessions from an impressive line up of speakers, each an expert in their field. Over two days, attendees will hear from:
- Former undercover police officer and federal prosecuting attorney Pamela Barnum who uses field-tested, real world examples for accurately assessing non-verbal cues and responding in a way that communicates confidence and trust in any situation.
- Retired US Marine Corp officer, fighter pilot and ground combat leader Dave Berke who provides unmatched experience and a unique perspective on combat leadership, analytical decision-making, risk mitigation and creating winning teams.
- Ryan Hawk, best-selling author, host of 'The Learning Leader Show' podcast and a recognised authority on leadership and performance excellence.
- Todd Henry, a best-selling author, consultant and creative leadership and performance expert who teaches leaders how to establish practices that lead to everyday brilliance.
- Internationally recognised author and speaker Anne Palmer, a clarity expert and leadership and communication strategist focused on using cutting-edge neuroscience principles to develop leaders and create inclusive, safe cultures.
- Dr Sian Proctor, a geoscientist, explorer, space artist and the first Black civilian astronaut, who was a pilot for the 2021 Inspiration4 all-civilian orbital mission. She encourages individuals to use their unique strengths and passions to inspire those within their reach.
- Christy Wright, a certified business coach, best-selling author, dynamic speaker and personal development coach who teaches people how to craft messages they are excited to share and confident to deliver.