This website uses cookies
More information
FlightSafety Wichita Cessna Learning Center
FlightSafety Wichita Cessna Learning Center
The monthly news publication for aviation professionals.
See more information from the Business Air News Handbook...
The monthly news publication for aviation professionals.

Request your printed copy

Read our latest feature:   Show issue: MEBAA
Elit'Avia commits to measuring its greenhouse gasses
Three companies representing brokerage, manufacturing and management/charter operations have contracted ZenithJet to measure their climate impact as per international standards.
ZenithJet president and Elit'Avia co-owner Nick Houseman.
Read this story in our November 2022 printed issue.

Montreal, Canada-headquartered aviation consulting firm ZenithJet has welcomed its first sustainability clients: aircraft broker and advisor network Jetcraft; flight simulator manufacturer Axis Flight Training Systems; and sister company Elit'Avia. These companies represent a comprehensive cross-section of the business aviation industry, spanning brokerage, manufacturing and aircraft management/charter operations.

They have contracted ZenithJet for greenhouse gas (GHG) measurement services, which enable organisations to understand their climate impact by measuring GHG emissions according to international standards, the GHG Protocol and ISO 14064. GHG accounting precisely quantifies direct and indirect emissions across the entire supply chain and all corporate departments.

“We are analysing ways to reduce our GHG emissions,” says Jetcraft president Peter Antonenko. “We operate a global network of more than 70 aviation professionals across 20 offices worldwide. In addition to our operations, our team travels extensively to meet the needs of our clients. Working with ZenithJet has allowed us to examine the totality of our operations and activities, providing us with a data-based understanding of our impact on the planet and a baseline for change. That's good for the environment and it's good for our business.”

“As manufacturers of sophisticated flight simulators, we manage a complex global supply chain of components and materials,” adds Axis CEO Niall Olver. “Advancing sustainability is consistent with our role as a disruptor within the industry. We are designing and constructing innovative flight simulators, and we wish to reduce our carbon footprint as we do it. For us, ZenithJet GHG accounting was an important first step in this direction.”

“The shared ownership of our companies made Elit'Avia an obvious choice to roll-out ZenithJet's sustainability services,” says Nick Houseman, ZenithJet president and co-owner of Elit'Avia. “We found that 69 per cent of our emissions came directly from operating our fleet and the remaining 31 per cent came from related areas, including aircraft maintenance, electrical power and employee business travel. With these numbers as a baseline, it is possible to break-down operations and seek reductions on a line-by-line basis.

“Since launching ZenithJet's sustainability services, we have achieved significant traction and, as exemplified here, our services help companies in many areas of the industry. We are encouraged by this rapid adoption and look forward to working with business aviation companies representing all dimensions of the industry.”

Other News
 
Genstar joins GTCR as investor in JSSI
November 11, 2022
Two years after GTCR commenced its collaboration with JSSI, the aircraft maintenance specialist has welcomed Genstar investment alongside to support its ambitious growth plans.
Race to net zero fuelled by R-R and Alder Fuels
October 25, 2022
Alder's greencrude SAF is being readied for global rollout as a drop-in replacement to petroleum-based jet fuel. It will be tested on a R-R Pearl engine to evaluate energy efficiency, emissions criteria and carbon credentials.
Landmark Signature agreement gives Bombardier total SAF
October 20, 2022
The initiative will reduce the annual GHG emissions associated with fuel use in Bombardier’s flight operations by around 25 per cent. Signature’s Book & Claim solution ensures rigorous accounting while optimising logistics.